Triumph Boulevard Bridge Opening In Lehi
LEHI, Utah – Drivers will soon have another option for getting around Lehi without having to get on the freeway, with the new Triumph Boulevard Bridge scheduled to open Nov. 1.
The bridge goes above I-15 and will give drivers an easier option for getting from east to west.
Part of the Technology Corridor Project, the new bridge is being built in response to a growing population with new developments from businesses to homes. The Triumph Boulevard Bridge was designed to alleviate congestion and take pressure off of I-15’s interchanges at 2100 North and state Route 92.
“Over the next 30 years or so, we are going to more than double our population,” said John Gleason, a spokesman for the Utah Department of Transportation. “Here in northern Utah County, there’s no better place to demonstrate that growth. It’s already happening and is going to continue to happen well into the future, and we want to make sure we are making intelligent decisions for the future of transportation.”
UDOT officials said the opening of the bridge and the frontage roads are the first of many traffic pattern changes, and drivers need to be vigilant about paying attention and putting down any distractions.
“Those traffic patterns are going to continue to change,” Gleason said. “It’s something you’re going to want to keep your eye on and be aware of.”
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)