Best Friends Animal Society Prepares For Super Adoption Event
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Best Friends Animal Society is hosting the No Kill Utah Super Adoption at the Utah State Fairpark, and it will feature hundreds of cats and dogs from shelters across the state.
KSL TV’s Trace Worthington chatted with Best Friends’ Temma Martin about the adoption event happening Nov. 2 and 3.
“We’re going to have nearly 1,000 dogs and cats up for adoption from 20 different groups,” Martin said. “They’re from all over the state of Utah.”
About 500 dogs and 475 cats will be at the event, as well as rabbits.
There will even be pets at the event that were rescued during and after the storms in the South.
“We’re helping out an overcrowded shelter down in Texas that takes in 32,000 animals a year,” Martin said. “We’re helping get some of those animals adopted by bringing them up here where we know there are wonderful homes for them.”
The people behind No Kill Utah are hoping to make The Beehive State a no-kill state by next year. That would mean 90 percent of the animals that come into Utah shelters would leave alive by being rescued, adopted or returned to their owners.
“What we’re asking people to do to help us is to choose to adopt a pet from a shelter or a rescue group … rather than buying from a breeder, a pet store or an online retailer,” Martin said. “Spay or neuter your pets. Adopt. Donate.”
The No Kill Utah Super Adoption is happening Nov. 2 from noon – 7 p.m. and Nov. 3 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Utah State Fairpark, 1000 W. North Temple, Salt Lake City. Adoption fees, which start at $25, include spaying or neutering, vaccinations and an adoption starter kit. Admission and parking are free. For additional information, go to nkut.org.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)