Stolen Trailer Returned To Owner Three Years It Went Missing
CEDAR CITY, Utah – A trailer that was written off as a total loss in 2015 is back with its owner.
Robert Williams was elated that he is once again in possession of his RV. He said it was stolen from a repair shop three years ago. Williams spent around 200 hours to refurbish his pride and joy before it went missing. He said the vehicle’s condition now is nowhere near its original state.
“It’s a little rougher than I left it, that’s for sure,” Williams said.
Williams filed a police report to notify authorities that his trailer was missing.
“I thought it was gone and I had pretty much written it off,” he said.
Just this week, police found the trailer on a Cedar City resident’s property. Police contacted Mountain Towing and Recovery to have it towed.
“It came up stolen and we got the call yesterday and towed it in,” said Wayne Hall of Mountain Towing and Recovery.
Hall has seen a lot of stolen trailers in his day but said getting them back to their rightful owners isn’t always an easy task.
“We get stuck with a lot of cars and RVs in the industry,” Hall said.
As soon as the trailer reached Hall’s lot, he jumped on social media looking for the owner with information from the trailer’s VIN number.
“We have a name but no contact information, so I posted that on our Facebook page. Within minutes, we had hits like crazy and that’s pretty impressive,” he said.
Hall was able to get in touch with Williams who was reunited with his beloved RV Thursday.
Williams said it was evident someone had been living in it for a while but didn’t mind.
“Yeah, I’m just happy to have it back,” Williams said.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)