Teen Caught On Camera Doing A ‘Good Deed’ On Halloween
BLUFFDALE, Utah – A Utah teenager got some recognition following an act of kindness on Halloween night.
A Bluffdale family’s Halloween was full of tricks and treats, and it was the treat that was especially sweet.
The Milne family was unable to hand out candy on Oct. 31, so they placed a bowl out for trick-or-treaters. Sometime during the evening, the bowl was raided and left empty.
The home’s doorbell camera caught a group of kids approaching the empty bowl. That’s when 14-year-old Rayce Arbon can be heard saying, “Do a good deed every day.”
He then dumped his entire pillowcase full of candy into the bucket.
“To him it wasn’t even a big deal but to many it’s made an impact and has started something even bigger,” his mother, Ashley, wrote in a Facebook post. “I couldn’t be more proud of him and his humble ways.”
The original video, posted by Chelsea Milne, had more than 7,000 views on Facebook Friday.
When the family tracked Rayce down, he told them he wanted to them to pay the kindness forward. Rayce is helping raise money for a seizure dog for a Utah boy named Isaac, and he encouraged people to visit Isaac’s Go Fund Me Page* to make a donation.
*KSLTV does not assure that the monies deposited to the accounts will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
“Do a good deed everyday!” —>Halloween may be over but one 14-year-old’s good deed while trick or treating in Bluffdale is spreading online. 😊 @bluffdalecity @KSL5TV #ksltv #utah pic.twitter.com/ZfsNuIZvHM
— Shara Park (@KSLSharaPark) November 2, 2018
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)