Park City 9th Grader Passes Out After Smoking What Is Believed To Be THC
Nov 2, 2018, 10:02 PM | Updated: 11:20 pm
PARK CITY, Utah – A Park City 9th grader was hospitalized Friday afternoon after passing out from smoking what is believed to be THC out of a vape pen.
It happened at Treasure Mountain Junior High School, which is same school where two students died in 2016 after overdosing on the drug known as “pink.”
The Park City Police Department and the Park City School District are both taking this very seriously, especially after what happened two years ago.
Sometime during classes, the district says the 9th grader was given the THC by another student.
The student was hospitalized after passing out, while the student who supplied the vape pen was turned over to the police for further investigation.
THC is illegal, as is vaping for those who are underage.
“Parents are probably like me, they’re just not well-versed yet in this phenomenon with using these vaping devices and the other hazards that go along with it,” said Park City Police Captain Phil Kirk. “If you see anything that looks like drugs or drug paraphernalia, please contact the police department.”
As for the condition of the student who was hospitalized, police did not have an update at this time, but didn’t think the student was in critical condition or anything of that nature.