Man Critically Injured In Woods Cross Home Fire
WOODS CROSS, Utah — A man was rushed to the hospital in critical condition late Monday after his home caught fire.
South Davis Metro Fire Chief Jeff Bassett said firefighters responded just before 9:00 p.m. to the house at 1375 South 1100 West.
“We had a crew go interior, or make entry into the house,” Bassett said. “They encountered heavy fire conditions, heavy fire load within the house, but eventually they were able to locate one person inside the home.”
Bassett said it was unclear how the fire started.
Before fire crews arrived, Crystol Hoehne said she scrambled to get inside the house to help her neighbor.
“I tried kicking in the door over and over and over with all my might and I couldn’t get in. I tried honking the horn in his truck, and then everyone started coming out. We couldn’t get in, couldn’t get to him,” Hoehne said.
Hoehne expressed frustration she wasn’t able to help the man.
“I know I could have gotten to him if I could have got the door down,” she said.
Hoehne said she had known the man her entire life, and he had taught her how to ride a bike.
“He was part of our family — I brought him rolls on Christmas morning every Christmas with my grandma,” the woman said. “He was part of the family. We took care of him. It’s a loss — a huge loss for the community, for sure.”
Bassett said investigators were continuing to look at the home along with Woods Cross police to glean more answers.
“What will take place is we will have a long investigation here at the home to determine what took place tonight, what events led up to the fire,” Bassett said. “We’ll be looking for that cause and origin of the fire.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 5683)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)