Nurse Charged With Killing 2-Year-Old Foster Child
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A nurse was charged Wednesday with murdering her 2-year-old foster son, whom investigators said she did not want to adopt.
Police said 41-year-old Lisa Jo Vanderlinden, of Duchesne County, told them the boy was difficult and challenging.
The other children in the house told investigators in August they heard a loud noise when Vanderlinden was taking care of the 2-year-old. The child died the next day.
A pediatrician told police the injuries were caused by blunt-force trauma.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)