CNN’s Jim Acosta Banned From White House
WASHINGTON, D.C. – A confrontation between CNN’s Jim Acosta and President Donald Trump led to Acosta being banned from the White House.
During a press conference Wednesday, the CNN reporter asked the president why he characterized a caravan of Central American migrants as an “invasion.”
Trump responded by telling Acosta that CNN’s ratings would be higher if the company were better-run.
Acosta then attempted to ask a question about the Russian investigation after the president dismissed him.
“You are a rude, terrible person,” the president said. “You shouldn’t be working for CNN.”
The White House said Thursday that Acosta is being denied access to the White House because of his refusal to give up the microphone when the president said it was time to move on.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 5683)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)