Man Killed After Acting ‘Aggressive’ Towards Ogden Officers
OGDEN, Utah – Police in Ogden fired on a man they said became aggressive towards officers. The man died from his injuries.
Officials with the Ogden Police Department said they were called to the Walmart at 1959 Wall Avenue Friday evening after reports of a man acting aggressively inside the store.
When they arrived on the scene, officers attempted to speak with the man while he was in a vehicle in the parking lot.
As they interacted with him, police said he suddenly drove off, eventually crashing into a wooded area on the other side of the street.
Officials said the man then attempted to leave the crash on foot. They said as officers were in pursuit, the man “turned aggressively towards the officers with a weapon.”
Police said the officers, “tried to use intermediate force, but it was unsuccessful.”
The officers then discharged their firearms and shot the man, who died from his injuries.
It was not clear what actions constituted “intermediate force.”
Details about the man’s identity were not available. Police said they believed he was in his late 30s.
The investigation was expected to be turned over to the Weber County Attorney’s Office.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)