Petition: Make Bus Stop Safety, Severe Penalties Federal Law
After a series of deadly crashes at school bus stops around the country, a petition was created asking that bus stop safety become a federal law.
The petition calls on the federal government to impose severe penalties for drivers who don’t stop for school bus red lights.
The petition states:
Children are being injured or killed due to people running the alternating reds on school busses [sic]. individual state laws are largely ineffective and typically have no significant penalty.
We call upon our President and Congress to act by signing legislation that will keep our children safe by instituting severe penalties on [people] who choose to violate the red lights on a bus such as 30 days in jail, 90 day [driver license] suspension, 12 points on license and a mandatory minimum fine of $5000.00 for the first offense.
This is the least we the American voters will accept.
The petition needs about 98,000 more signatures by the end of the month to get a response from the White House.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)