Police Seek ‘Person of Interest’ In Connection With Fatal Salt Lake Stabbing
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Police are looking for a person of interest in connection with a deadly stabbing that took place last week in Salt Lake City.
Detectives would like to speak with Kidus Chane Yohannes, 31, about the Nov. 8 stabbing, according to an emailed statement from the Salt Lake City Police Department. He is being considered armed and dangerous, police said.
SALT LAKE CITY —
The Salt Lake City Police Department was called to a stabbing in the area of 477 North 300 West on November 8, 2018 at approximately 9:26 p.m.
A person of interest has been identified as Kidus Chane Yohannes, 31. Detectives would like to speak with Mr. Yohannes pic.twitter.com/cdWtIBzDMs
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) November 14, 2018
Yohannes has been known to frequent the area of the Marmalade Library at 280 W. 500 North, according to police.
Candace Rose Samples, 20, died after being stabbed behind a dumpster near 477 N. 300 West about 9:30 p.m. Nov. 8, according to police. Another man was also stabbed and had critical injuries, police said.
An argument between the three people over a piece of property led to the stabbing, police said last week. The three were all homeless.
Anyone who sees Yohannes is asked to call Salt Lake police at 801-799-3000.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 12560)
- Live (pageviews: 6781)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6738)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 4740)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 3594)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 3326)