Wednesday’s Child: Siblings Austin, Declan, Lily Hope To Stay Together
MURRAY, Utah – A name tag, a smile and the promise of a special day just for them.
“You get to pick-out any bear in the whole store and you get to pick out any outfit in the whole store,” explained an employee at the Build-a-Bear Workshop at Fashion Place Mall.
For siblings Austin, Declan and Lily, the choices were a little overwhelming.
“Do you like unicorns?” asked an employee to 3-year-old, Lily.
“Yes,” she replied, shyly.
Wednesday wasn’t special because the siblings are getting a new toy, it’s special because they are spending time together.
“We’re making bears and some Pokémon’s,” Declan said. “My sister is funny and my brother is silly.”
The boys agree their 3-year-old sister is pretty great and they like to tease each other a bit as brothers often do.
The three children have lived in foster care most their lives. Their caseworker says there is just something special about the trio.
“I can’t explain it,” said Nicki Bidlack with DCFS. “They just are wonderful children that fill your heart with so much happiness.”
She says the children need to stay together; they need each other.
“They were there for each other when nobody else was,” she said. “I think it would be very detrimental for them to be split up.”
She hopes there will be a family that will be there for them forever.
“They have a special place in my heart, and I definitely want to see them have a wonderful future,” she said. “They definitely deserve that.”
To learn more, contact The Utah Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444 or at adoptex.org.
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)