Trump Says He Wants To Keep Caravan Immigrants Out Of U.S.
TIJUANA, Mexico – The first wave of Central American immigrants from a caravan are now at the U.S. border, and President Donald Trump said he wants to keep them from crossing into the country.
Trump continued to call on Congress to fund a border wall, and tweeted that illegal immigrants trying to enter the United States will be detained or turned away.
“When you look at the caravans, when you look at the mess, when you look at the people coming in, this would be a very good time to do a shutdown,” he said.
In Mexico, protests are growing as people there are upset the about immigrants filing for asylum in Tijuana.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)