Officer Hit During Investigation Of Wrong-Way Crash On I-15
MURRAY, Utah – A Kaysville police officer riding along with the Utah Highway Patrol during the investigation of a wrong-way crash was hit by a vehicle on I-15 in Murray early Tuesday, officials said.
A vehicle began traveling north in the southbound lanes of I-15 near 5300 South when it hit another car head-on. Two people were transported to a local hospital in critical condition, according to Utah Highway Patrol officials.
A female officer from the Kaysville Police Department was riding along with UHP as they investigated the crash. She was placing flares on the road when she was hit by an oncoming car.
The officer was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening leg injuries, UHP said. The freeway was closed for a time but has since reopened.
Contributing: Shara Park, KSL TV
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)