‘Wake Up, Little Susie’: Second Episode Of ‘Cold’ Podcast Drops
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The second episode of “Cold,” the podcast that’s diving into the mystery of Susan Cox Powell’s disappearance, is now available for download.
It looks into the obsession Josh Powell’s father, Steven, had with Susan, the depths of which detectives discovered when they searched Steven Powell’s home.
“When you listen to this tape of Steven Powell confessing his love to Susan, you realize that happened very early in her marriage, years before she disappeared” said Dave Cawley, the journalist who painstakingly researched the case for the “Cold” podcast. “To know that she endured that advance repeatedly from her father-in-law is pretty stunning.”
“To hear it in his own words, and her response, really shows just what she was dealing with through that time,” he added.
Episode 2 of “Cold,” titled “Wake up, Little Susie,” deals in part with Steven Powell’s relationship with his daughter-in-law. His use of a camcorder to capture film of Susan, oftentimes without her knowledge, was prolific.
“When you watch these videos, it becomes very clear that Steve Powell was a master of surreptitiously filming people,” Cawley said. “Not just Susan, but a lot of people. … He would even use his own son’s graduation as an opportunity to shoot video clips of Susan.”
Cawley said West Valley City Police had been in possession of most of the Steven Powell’s tapes, although some were also in Washington State. It was a lengthy and legal process procuring all the evidence used in “Cold,” including having to digitize hours of analog tapes.
Podcast subscription options and more information, including some of the videos shot by Steven Powell, are available at thecoldpodcast.com/
- Utah Mother Of Four Killed In Sanpete County Rollover Crash, Father Hospitalized (pageviews: 8952)
- Civil Filing Alleges Lori Vallow's Niece Knows Where Missing Children Are (pageviews: 8281)
- FDA Issues Warning To Jimmy John's For Safety Violations (pageviews: 7276)
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Steps Down In Surprise Announcement (pageviews: 5353)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 4896)
- FCC Receives More Than 1,300 Complaints About Super Bowl Halftime Show (pageviews: 4378)
- Mom Of Missing Tennessee Toddler Arrested, Says She Can't Take Polygraph Due To Pregnancy (pageviews: 3291)
- One Dead, Multiple Injured In Severe Crash In Salt Lake City (pageviews: 3034)
- Coronavirus Shutdowns Hurting Springville Game Business (pageviews: 2960)