Luminaria At Thanksgiving Point Brightens Season With 1M Lights
LEHI, Utah – For those wanting to see an amazing display of Christmas lights, Luminaria could be the perfect family destination this holiday season.
KSL TV’s adventure specialists Trace Worthington and Sean Smith were getting into the spirit Monday as they joined Thanksgiving Point Communications Director Josh Berndt to admire the 6,500 luminaries at Ashton Gardens. Beyond it stands a 120-foot tree of lights.
“Yeah, it’s not bad,” Josh said. “You can see it from space.”
“Well, that’s not confirmed,” he added with a chuckle. “But we’re going to assume we can.”
The LED lights that blanket the sweeping hill are set to music, and they can be admired from a nearly-mile-long path that winds through a variety of light displays at Thanksgiving Point.
Trace and Sean also chatted with Austin Brown, the director of signature experiences, who has helped make Luminaria not just an event with sights and sounds, but with smells, too.
“There’s like a little peppermint scent,” Trace said.
“We’re here in Candy Cane Lane,” Austin said. “There’s big peppermint sticks, so we’re smelling peppermint!”
The entire Luminaria experience boasts more than 1 million LED lights.
Prices vary depending on day and time. For tickets and information, go to thanksgivingpoint.org.
- Woman Missing Since November Found Alive In Diamond Fork Canyon (pageviews: 23901)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 18455)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6648)
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 6429)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 5898)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4246)
- Woman Billed $2500 Repair Bill For Cracked Utility Box (pageviews: 3978)
- Woman Released From Hospital After Surviving 5 Months In The Wild (pageviews: 3845)
- Woman Missing Since November Found Alive In Diamond Fork Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3548)