Luminaria At Thanksgiving Point Brightens Season With 1M Lights
LEHI, Utah – For those wanting to see an amazing display of Christmas lights, Luminaria could be the perfect family destination this holiday season.
KSL TV’s adventure specialists Trace Worthington and Sean Smith were getting into the spirit Monday as they joined Thanksgiving Point Communications Director Josh Berndt to admire the 6,500 luminaries at Ashton Gardens. Beyond it stands a 120-foot tree of lights.
“Yeah, it’s not bad,” Josh said. “You can see it from space.”
“Well, that’s not confirmed,” he added with a chuckle. “But we’re going to assume we can.”
The LED lights that blanket the sweeping hill are set to music, and they can be admired from a nearly-mile-long path that winds through a variety of light displays at Thanksgiving Point.
Trace and Sean also chatted with Austin Brown, the director of signature experiences, who has helped make Luminaria not just an event with sights and sounds, but with smells, too.
“There’s like a little peppermint scent,” Trace said.
“We’re here in Candy Cane Lane,” Austin said. “There’s big peppermint sticks, so we’re smelling peppermint!”
The entire Luminaria experience boasts more than 1 million LED lights.
Prices vary depending on day and time. For tickets and information, go to thanksgivingpoint.org.
- No home for tiny homes: Living small hits roadblocks in Utah communities – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 19691)
- Wyoming Coroner in Gabby Petito case determining cause of death (pageviews: 5440)
- Body camera footage not available in Farmington hostage incident (pageviews: 4734)
- Jailed for Love: Why a Utah woman who says romance scammer turned her into an unwitting money mule faces prison time. (pageviews: 4180)
- Search for key that will open mystery door at Utah State University (pageviews: 3776)
- No home for tiny homes: Living small hits roadblocks in Utah communities (pageviews: 3534)
- Autopsy: Actor Michael K. Williams died of drug intoxication (pageviews: 3514)
- Frustrated by city inaction, residents contact KSL Investigators over Salt Lake’s RV Row (pageviews: 2894)
- Gabby Petito’s case highlights racial disparities in response to missing persons cases (pageviews: 1915)