Luminaria At Thanksgiving Point Brightens Season With 1M Lights
LEHI, Utah – For those wanting to see an amazing display of Christmas lights, Luminaria could be the perfect family destination this holiday season.
KSL TV’s adventure specialists Trace Worthington and Sean Smith were getting into the spirit Monday as they joined Thanksgiving Point Communications Director Josh Berndt to admire the 6,500 luminaries at Ashton Gardens. Beyond it stands a 120-foot tree of lights.
“Yeah, it’s not bad,” Josh said. “You can see it from space.”
“Well, that’s not confirmed,” he added with a chuckle. “But we’re going to assume we can.”
The LED lights that blanket the sweeping hill are set to music, and they can be admired from a nearly-mile-long path that winds through a variety of light displays at Thanksgiving Point.
Trace and Sean also chatted with Austin Brown, the director of signature experiences, who has helped make Luminaria not just an event with sights and sounds, but with smells, too.
“There’s like a little peppermint scent,” Trace said.
“We’re here in Candy Cane Lane,” Austin said. “There’s big peppermint sticks, so we’re smelling peppermint!”
The entire Luminaria experience boasts more than 1 million LED lights.
Prices vary depending on day and time. For tickets and information, go to thanksgivingpoint.org.
- Returning Missionary Tests Positive For Coronavirus, Infects Family (pageviews: 64357)
- New Projection Shows Fewer Potential COVID-19 Deaths In Utah (pageviews: 15314)
- US Coronavirus Fight Enters Crucial Weeks After Reaching Grim Milestone (pageviews: 12307)
- COVID-19 Model Shows Improvement In Projected Utah Deaths (pageviews: 9396)
- Earthquake Tracker - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9396)
- Five New Virus-Related Deaths Reported In Utah; 1,675 Confirmed Cases (pageviews: 4242)
- Renderings Released For Temples In Tooele, Washington County, Washington State (pageviews: 4209)
- Utah House Democrats Urge Governor To Issue Stay-At-Home Order (pageviews: 4151)
- The Pink Moon Will Be The Biggest And Brightest Of 2020 (pageviews: 3521)