Luminaria At Thanksgiving Point Brightens Season With 1M Lights
LEHI, Utah – For those wanting to see an amazing display of Christmas lights, Luminaria could be the perfect family destination this holiday season.
KSL TV’s adventure specialists Trace Worthington and Sean Smith were getting into the spirit Monday as they joined Thanksgiving Point Communications Director Josh Berndt to admire the 6,500 luminaries at Ashton Gardens. Beyond it stands a 120-foot tree of lights.
“Yeah, it’s not bad,” Josh said. “You can see it from space.”
“Well, that’s not confirmed,” he added with a chuckle. “But we’re going to assume we can.”
The LED lights that blanket the sweeping hill are set to music, and they can be admired from a nearly-mile-long path that winds through a variety of light displays at Thanksgiving Point.
Trace and Sean also chatted with Austin Brown, the director of signature experiences, who has helped make Luminaria not just an event with sights and sounds, but with smells, too.
“There’s like a little peppermint scent,” Trace said.
“We’re here in Candy Cane Lane,” Austin said. “There’s big peppermint sticks, so we’re smelling peppermint!”
The entire Luminaria experience boasts more than 1 million LED lights.
Prices vary depending on day and time. For tickets and information, go to thanksgivingpoint.org.
- Missing Hiker Found In Zion National Park, Family Says (pageviews: 35179)
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 16780)
- Three People Critically Injured In Drive-By Shooting At Tanner Park (pageviews: 6350)
- Woman Dies After Being Struck By Car In Midway; Man In Custody (pageviews: 3334)
- Range Fire Forces Evacuations Of Homes In, Near Provo Canyon (pageviews: 2662)
- Tanner Park Shooting Victim Dies Of Injuries; Teen Taken Into Custody (pageviews: 2651)
- Police Looking For Suspect Who Shot Three People Near Tanner Park (pageviews: 2359)
- 7.5 Magnitude Quake Off Alaska Prompts Tsunami Warning (pageviews: 1970)
- Poorly Marked I-15 Lanes Causing Confusion For Lehi Drivers (pageviews: 1776)