Rep. Mia Love Calls Ben McAdams A ‘Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing’
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Nearly three weeks after Election Day, Utah heard from Rep. Mia Love about losing the race for Utah’s 4th Congressional District when she held a press conference Monday morning.
On the same day election results were being certified by the state elections office, Love said she’s now finally free to say what she wants.
Love, surrounded by family, spoke at the Republican Party Headquarters in downtown Salt Lake City.
“This election was horrible,” she said. “It cost us greatly.”
She slammed her Democratic opponent, Ben McAdams, who won the election with less than 700 votes, saying he made a false case against her with negative campaigning.
“Sadly, their character assassination tactics have so stained our state that now citizens should expect that this is how elections will be won,” she said. “Victory is theirs. I believe that we’ve elected a wolf in sheep’s clothing, but the question remains: at what cost to the people of Utah?”
She confirmed she did call McAdams to congratulate him over the weekend.
McAdams’ campaign manager Andrew Roberts said McAdams appreciated that call.
“(Ben McAdams) wishes her and her family all the best,” according to a statement from Roberts. “It is time to put the election behind us. Ben is focused on getting to work finding bipartisan solutions for Utah in Congress.”
Love also responded to the assertion by President Donald Trump that she lost because she didn’t accept his support.
“The president’s behavior toward me made me wonder: What did he have to gain by saying such a thing about a fellow Republican?” Love said. “It was not really about asking him to do more, was it? Or was it something else? Well, Mr. President, we’ll have to chat about that.”
She said Trump’s world is not about real relationships, just convenient transactions.
Love didn’t confirm if she planned to run again in 2020, but she said she’s not done fighting for conservative values.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)