Wednesday’s Child: Cylis Has Been In Foster Care More Than A Decade
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – When you’re 16-years-old, playing video games is a pretty common activity.
“I really like playing this game,” Cylis said, as he motioned to the screen on the wall at ‘Virtualities’ at The Gateway.
On Wednesday, he was treated to an entire virtual experience.
“Yeah, it’s been pretty fun,” he said.
Having an entire gaming store to himself isn’t something that happens every day, in fact, for Cylis most days are painfully the same.
This doesn’t happen every day.
“I believe I was four when I (first entered foster care),” he said. “It’s just boring I guess.”
This isn’t the first time Cylis has appeared in a Wednesday’s Child segment. We first introduced viewers to him back in January of 2016. At the time, he was thrilled for the chance to be featured.
“Well, I’ve been getting ready to be adopted, and today is the chance I get to be on TV,” he said in 2016.
Unfortunately, not much has changed, but he wanted to share his story again in hopes someone would see it.
“I’m kind of nervous because it’s hard to talk about some of this stuff,” he said.
Cylis still has to move around from foster home to foster home waiting for a family to find him. He feels like the clock is ticking.
“Maybe nobody is going to adopt me, sometimes if feels kind of that way,” he said.
He’s found in his teenage years, it’s getting harder to make friends.
“Some people know that I’m in foster care and so it makes them nervous around me,” he said.
He wants to clear up the misconceptions surrounding kids who linger in foster care.
“They think that we’re bad children, but that’s not all of us,” he said. “Some of us are just wanting a permanent family.”
Cylis is one of the kids who is hoping for adoption and hasn’t given up hope quite yet.
“I’d really like (to have a family) and I’d be so grateful,” he said.
To learn more about Cylis or the many other children living in foster care contact The Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)