Utah Symphony, Utah Opera Present ‘Harry Potter’ In Concert
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Wizarding World is coming to Utah as the Utah Symphony and Utah Opera performs “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban,” beginning Thursday night.
KSL TV’s adventure specialist Sean Smith got a preview of what’s to come at Abravanel Hall.
He caught up with some of the performers from the Utah Opera, who gave Sean a taste of the performance.
Sean also got to speak with Justin Freer, who’ll be conducting the Utah Symphony as they play the score to “Prisoner of Azkaban” while the movie plays.
“When you work with an orchestra like the Utah Symphony, it keeps you young,” he said. “It’s a lot of fun. It’s demanding — emotionally, mentally, physically — it’s great fun.”
Justin also showed Sean how he keeps the symphony in sync with the film, which includes a special monitor for the conductor.
“It’s not like concert music where you can ebb and flow,” he said. “Even if you’re a half a second too late on really big hits, it can have a profound effect on the audience.”
“You really do have to be very, very specific throughout the entire evening,” he added.
“Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” In Concert is playing Thursday – Saturday at 7 p.m. at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. For tickets and information, go to utahsymphony.org.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 5683)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)