Jimmy Fallon Pokes Fun At Rep. John Curtis, Curtis Pokes Back
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – “Lord of the Rings” was the running joke that started with Jimmy Fallon and ended with Utah Rep. John Curtis.
On Nov. 27, Fallon’s opening monologue for “The Tonight Show” included a segment called “Congressional ice breakers.”
“Down in Washington, the new members of Congress have started meeting their fellow lawmakers,” Fallon said. “Of course it can be hard to meet new people, which is why a lot of them come prepared with their own statements to break the ice.”
The bit included photos of representatives along with their ice breaker lines.
Curtis’s was “Nice to meet you, my precious,” which Fallon said in his best Gollum impression.
Curtis responded the next day with his own “Lord of the Rings”-themed zingers, equating Fallon with Frodo Baggins — complete with images of Fallon’s face with Frodo’s hair.
Watch his full response here:
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)