Jimmy Fallon Pokes Fun At Rep. John Curtis, Curtis Pokes Back
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – “Lord of the Rings” was the running joke that started with Jimmy Fallon and ended with Utah Rep. John Curtis.
On Nov. 27, Fallon’s opening monologue for “The Tonight Show” included a segment called “Congressional ice breakers.”
“Down in Washington, the new members of Congress have started meeting their fellow lawmakers,” Fallon said. “Of course it can be hard to meet new people, which is why a lot of them come prepared with their own statements to break the ice.”
The bit included photos of representatives along with their ice breaker lines.
Curtis’s was “Nice to meet you, my precious,” which Fallon said in his best Gollum impression.
Curtis responded the next day with his own “Lord of the Rings”-themed zingers, equating Fallon with Frodo Baggins — complete with images of Fallon’s face with Frodo’s hair.
Watch his full response here:
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)