‘Nothing Else Matters’ As Metallica Sets Attendance Record at Vivint Smart Home Arena
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah –’Nothing Else Matters’ as Metallica, who is normally releasing records, set a new record Friday with attendance at the Vivint Smart Home Arena.
Vivint welcomed 17,574 Metallica fans to Friday’s sold-out concert, setting a post-renovation single-concert attendance record for the 27-year-old arena.
“We are honored to host Metallica on their record-breaking performance at Vivint Smart Home Arena,” said Senior Vice President Mark Powell. “Thank you to Metallica for allowing us to celebrate an extraordinary night with you.”
Metallica’s performance was already part of a busy weekend for the arena with three consecutive sold-out shows: Andrea Bocelli on Thursday night, Metallica Friday night and Jim Gaffigan on Saturday night.
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 7173)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 6659)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 6316)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6069)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 4164)