Family, Friends of Slain Eureka Teens Put Up Christmas Tree In Their Honor
Dec 2, 2018, 9:51 PM
EUREKA, Utah – The snowy weather didn’t keep the family and friends of Breezy Otteson and Riley Powell from putting up a Christmas tree today in their honor.
They put the tree up at the mine where the two were found dead earlier this year.
Otteson,17, and Riley Powell, 18, were found in the mine shaft after they went missing in 2017 on December 30th.
Jerrod Baum, 41, has been accused of killing them.
Related: Eureka teens found in mine shaft remembered during funeral service
The group posted photos on Facebook and invited people to send ornaments to be placed on the tree.
The tree will also be at the mine site throughout the Christmas holiday and they welcome anyone to stop by and add their own decorations for them.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)