NBC News To Broadcast Special Coverage Of George H.W. Bush’s Funeral
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Savannah Guthrie of “Today” and Lester Holt of “NBC Nightly News” will lead NBC’s special coverage of President George H.W. Bush’s memorial service from Washington National Cathedral.
Bush’s casket will depart the U.S. Capitol at 8 a.m. Mountain Standard Time Wednesday, and it will be transported to the National Cathedral. The state funeral will begin at 9 a.m. MST.
At 10:30 a.m. MST, there will be a departure ceremony at the cathedral as Bush is transported to Joint Base Andrews, where there will be another departure ceremony at 11:15 a.m. MST.
Bush will be taken to Ellington Field in Texas where there will be an arrival ceremony at 3:30 p.m. MST. Afterward, he’ll be transported to St. Martin’s Episcopal Church in Houston, with another arrival ceremony taking place at 5:45 p.m. MST. There will be a public viewing of the casket, followed by a private service on Thursday.
NBC News and MSNBC will continue to cover funeral services in Texas on Thursday.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 3683)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)