Five Arrested, Drugs Seized After Pocket Dial To 911
OREM, Utah — Five people were arrested after police said a pocket dial of 911 led to the discovery of a wide assortment of drugs in an apartment.
Lt. Craig Martinez said dispatchers initially received a 911 ‘hang-up’ around 11 a.m. on Sunday and returned the call.
“The gentleman that answered the phone didn’t really want to give any information about who he was, if everything was OK,” Martinez said. “He was very, very vague to the point where it raised some concerns for our dispatchers and we had some officers go out.”
Officers found that man, identified as 47-year-old Lance Jensen, in his bedroom.
“When he was arrested, the officers noticed a couple baggies of what appeared to be illegal drugs on the nightstand,” Martinez said. “They tested positive for heroin and cocaine.”
Martinez said officers then obtained a search warrant.
“They go in and they find all sorts of drugs, and so, in all, everyone in the apartment — five people total — went to jail that day,” Martinez said.
Martinez described the find as a “smorgasbord” of user amounts of various drugs.
“It’s not very often you see that many different kinds of drugs in the same house with five different people,” he said. “Everybody had their own little stash is what it sounds like.”
Dispatchers may receive dozens of accidental calls to 911 each day, but Martinez said they are always watching for circumstances that don’t seem right and they were prepared for this highly unusual hang-up.
“It’s kind of unheard of,” Martinez said. “This one’s odd. (It) worked out good for us, not for the five of them.”
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 8768)
- Get Gephardt: Husband sued for deceased wife’s unpaid medical bill - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6320)
- Judge calls Orem mayor 'lynchpin' in fraud case, orders him and son to pay $1M (pageviews: 5012)
- NB I-15 reopens following crash, massive oil spill in Draper - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4958)
- NB I-15 closed in Draper following multi-car crash, oil spill (pageviews: 4861)
- Man arrested for breaking into Provo temple, claiming he was just cold, police say (pageviews: 4639)