Petition Started Over ‘Deadpool’ Poster That Appears To Mock Religious Painting
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Controversy is brewing yet again between the “Deadpool” movie franchise and Utah.
Nearly 30,000 people Wednesday morning had signed a Change.org petition to get the movie “Once Upon a Deadpool” to change its latest movie poster.
The poster in question seems to resemble a well-known painting commissioned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Some are upset, saying the poster is too similar to a Harry Anderson painting called “The Second Coming.” The petition calls the poster “religious discrimination.”
It asks director Tim Miller to “Change the Deadpool poster to not mock the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day (sic) Saints.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 3683)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)