Several Freeway Ramps Closed Sunday
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Several freeway ramps will be closed throughout the day Sunday as UDOT workers inspect bridges.
From 6 a.m. to Noon, the I-215 northbound to I-80 westbound ramp will be closed. To get around the closure, take the Redwood Road exit to get back onto I-80 West. From Noon until 4 p.m., the Redwood Road to 215 South ramp will close.
To get around that closure, stay on Redwood Road south to SR 201 West to get to I-215 South. The I-80 West to I-215 South ramp will close from Noon to 4 PM as well. Take the Redwood Road to 201 detour for that closure as well.
“We’re going to get in there, get the job done as quickly as possible so we can open up the lanes and ramps to traffic again,” said UDOT spokesperson John Gleason.
Gleason said state inspectors look at all their bridges every two years. He said out of about 1,900 state-owned bridges, 10 are rated as poor. That works out to about 0.5%.
“We’re very fortunate here that we’ve had so many new capacity projects, because that’s meant brand new bridges,” Gleason said.
Each of those 10 bridges, Gleason said, is set to be addressed in the next five years, but they are still safe to use.
“Poor condition means that there are issues that need to be addressed with the bridge, but it’s not in any immediate danger,” Gleason said.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 15103)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5870)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 4804)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4665)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 3558)