‘The Favourite’ Is One Of Film Critic Jimmy Martin’s Favorites
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – In early 18th century England, a frail Queen Anne occupies the throne.
Her close friend Lady Sarah governs the country while looking after her. When a new servant arrives, the queen’s favor shifts.
“The Favourite,” garnering plenty of buzz for the upcoming awards season, is in theaters now.
Film Critic Jimmy Martin chatted with cast.
“They’re fabulous characters, very well-drawn, very complex — not just one thing,” said Rachel Weisz. “They’re powerful and vulnerable, they’re needy and cruel; they’re many, many things.”
“It was really cool that it had all of this history,” Emma Stone said about the filming location. “It just sort of instantly transported you to that time period.”
Martin said it’s one of his favorite movies of the year, and he predicts Stone, Weisz and Olivia Colman, who plays Queen Anne, will all get Oscar nominations.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)