Police Identify Boy Killed In Pleasant Grove Auto-Pedestrian Crash
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah — Police identified a 12-year-old boy Tuesday who died after he was hit by a “large construction-type truck” the night before, officials said.
Michael Madsen was crossing Pleasant Grove Boulevard about 6 p.m. when the truck made a right turn from State Street onto the road and hit Madsen, Pleasant Grove Police Capt. Britt Smith said.
Madsen was walking across the street in a designated crosswalk, but it appears the driver did not see him, Smith said.
Drugs and alcohol did not appear to be involved, according to police.
Officials are investigating the cause of the collision, but were calling it a “tragic accident” Monday night and encouraging drivers to “please drive safely out there.”
This story will be updated at KSL.com if more information becomes available.
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 17916)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16520)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8565)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7815)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6068)