GoFundMe Page Created To Fund Border Wall, Raises $4M In 3 Days
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Amid talks of a government shutdown due to lack of funding for a wall along the Southern border of the United States, a man decided to take matters into his own hands and created a GoFundMe* account to pay for the wall with donations.
“My name is Brian Kolfage,” the account states. “I have a verified blue check from Facebook page as a public figure and I’m a Purple Heart Recipient.”
He wrote that, as a veteran, he feels “deeply invested to this nation to ensure future generations have everything we have today.”
The account equates the donations to large funds accepted from rich donors. Kolfage referenced repairs on the Washington Monument, where $7.5 million was donated by billionaire David Rubenstein, as an example.
The GoFundMe account has been set to the highest amount allowed by the site: $1 billion. In just three days, the campaign has raised more than $4 million from nearly 70,000 people.
“This won’t be easy, but it’s our duty as citizens,” Kolfage wrote. “This needs to be shared every single day by each of you on social media. We can do it, and we can help President Trump make America safe again!”
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)
- Centerville wildfire ‘most likely’ caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4224)