University Of Utah Health Lists 3 Tips To Reduce Stress During Holidays
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The holidays are supposed to be joyous and filled with excitement, family and celebration.
However, oftentimes it seems they’re filled with obligations, pressure and incredible stress.
The University of Utah Health released a few tips to reduce that stress so you can enjoy your holidays.
Ask for help
Delegate some of those responsibilities where you can. Oftentimes we put those pressures on ourselves to be perfect when it’s unnecessary. Don’t be afraid to divide up the work like the cooking, the shopping and the cleaning.
Set realistic expectations
We often try to do too much by attempting to go to every party, get every neighbor a gift and get every teacher a present in addition to giving to friends and family. Know what you can do, make a plan to do it, and don’t be afraid to cross a few things off your list.
Manage your time
Time is a limited commodity, so be fair to yourself. Prioritize the most important elements of the holiday, and if something falls low on the list, consider scratching it off altogether.
University of Utah Health’s Tina Halliday said social media influence has also adding to the stress in recent years.
So free up some time and pull away from Facebook a bit.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)