West Valley Man Credits Wife’s Reminder For Surviving Winter Crash
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – The Friday before Christmas was expected to be one of the biggest travel days of the year. One Utah dad has added his voice to that of officials, asking drivers to slow down.
Marcos Cossa was involved in a serious crash two decades ago in Southern Utah’s winter weather.
“On this particular day in St. George, because it’s warmer, it was raining. In Cedar City it was snowing,” he said.
Cossa was a passenger in the vehicle. He said the driver was going too fast for the slick conditions.
“(I said,) ’I think you need to slow down a little bit,’ and before I could finish what I was talking about, the car just spun and rolled over,” he said.
The West Valley City father said he did one thing that enabled him to survive the crash.
Cossa credited his wife’s constant reminder to wear his seat belt for saving his life.
He said he was reminded about that crash every holiday season.
“(Every Christmas) I’m like, ‘Wow. I’m still alive.’ I’m thankful to be with the family again,” he said.
Cossa said if he hadn’t survived that crash, his children never would have been born – another reminder of his gratitude to have survived.
“When I look at them, you know – wow. If I died in the car accident, they wouldn’t have been here,” said Marcos Cossa as he looked at pictures of his three children.
Cossa said he wants everyone to continue to spend their holidays with their loved ones, so he begs you to buckle up.
“I’m thankful I’m alive to talk about it,” he said.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)