Shoppers Hit Mall For Last Weekend Before Christmas
MURRAY, Utah – Shoppers hit the mall in good spirits Saturday. The National Retail Federation expects shoppers to spend about $26 billion on December 22, compared to $24 billion on Black Friday.
A spokesperson for Fashion Place Mall said they are seeing about the same number of people as 2017, but he said people are spending more money. He said electronics, jewelry, and athletic-leisure wear were selling well.
This is the first Christmas for the Cotopaxi store at Fashion Place Mall. Workers there said they were staying busy.
“You definitely get that last rush vibe going on. A lot of people coming in looking for those last-minute grabs. Luckily, we’re a great store for that, we’ve got really unique gift ideas and I feel like people are coming in here satisfied with the things they’re getting,” said Rachael Fecteau.
A mall spokesperson said the key to an easy trip during the last couple of shopping days is to arrive early. Fashion Place Mall will be open Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Monday from 8:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)