Utah Film Commission Celebrates Successful Year
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Film Commission celebrated a successful campaign in 2018 — specifically the economic impact of 16 films made in Utah, which include documentaries, a television pilot and four series.
According to the commission, that translated into an impact of $63 million and more than 1,300 jobs.
Movies and shows that premiered this year that were filmed in Utah included “Mosaic” and “Westworld,” both on HBO; and the horror movie “Hereditary.”
Looking ahead to next year, the Disney Channel is expected to film another installment of “High School Musical,” and there are plans for a documentary and a feature film to begin production in 2019.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)