Kids Playing With Disconnected Phone Dial 911 At Least 30 Times
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah – Police are warning parents about disconnected cell phones after kids playing on one dialed 911 more than 30 times on New Year’s Day.
Because the phone was disconnected, police weren’t sure who was making the calls.
Authorities want to make it known that even disconnected cell phones can call 911. Police asked parents to talk to their children and remind them that dialing 911 is never a joke.
Fake calls create a lot of unnecessary work for police and can take resources away from real emergencies.
Parents are asked to reconsider allowing their kids to play with disconnected phones, especially if those children are too young to understand what they’re doing if they call emergency services.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)