Not A Skier? Maybe Tubing Is The Winter Sport For You
MIDWAY, Utah – As the snow builds in the Utah mountains, it’s time for some winter fun that goes beyond skiing.
KSL TV’s adventure specialists Trace Worthington and Sean Smith headed to Soldier Hollow to check out the tubing runs.
Tubing is sold in two-hour sessions from at 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. The hillside is split into tracks, allowing for multiple people to tube down the hill without running into each other.
Tubing isn’t the only activity offered, though.
“Our cross-country trails are open,” said Michelle Roberts, Soldier Hollow marketing manager. “And snowshoeing is a popular event up here as well.”
“I think tubing is definitely our most popular,” she added.
Roberts said families especially like the the fact that they can link tubes and go down the hills together.
For more information, go to utaholympiclegacy.org/location/soldier-hollow.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)