Fashion Place Reopens, Shoppers Not Concerned About Safety
MURRAY, Utah – A Salt Lake City suburban mall where two people were wounded Sunday in a gang-related shooting has reopened and was busy Monday with shoppers who say they aren’t concerned about their safety.
Sean Sasso stopped by the Fashion Place mall in the suburb of Murray to do some quick shopping before going to work as a pharmacy technician. He had heard about the shooting, but says it didn’t deter him because he doesn’t want to live in fear.
Tim and Connie Schieving went to the mall as they do each morning to walk and get exercise and say they felt extra safe with additional police presence.
Police say the shooting that happened just outside the mall near the entrance was gang related, and happened after about a dozen people belonging to rival gangs crossed paths inside the mall.
- Two Arrested In Connection With Fashion Place Mall Shooting
- Mall Says False Alarm Blared During Shooting
(Copyright 2019 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 12259)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7066)
- Utah deputies identify suspect in 1972 murder, rape case; still looking for second suspect (pageviews: 6499)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 5989)
- Utahn charged with assault after allegedly holding blade to woman's throat on flight (pageviews: 5264)
- Utah man buys humidifier found with five packages of cocaine in it (pageviews: 5001)
- Two injured in I-80 crash; several crashes reported as Thanksgiving travel picks up (pageviews: 4528)