Wednesday’s Child: Teen Hopes To Find Family Before 18th Birthday
MURRAY, Utah – A major part of doing the Wednesday’s Child segments for KSL is helping the child feel comfortable. Khoel loves to work on cars and so we was invited to help out at a local car dealership in their repairs department.
The sights and sounds of automobile repair, at Larry H. Miller Chevrolet in Murray, it’s the sound of progress and improvement. On Wednesday, there was also the sight of a new apprentice. Khoel is 17-years-old and has quite the interest in fixing things, especially cars.
“I think it would be nice if every time there was something wrong with my vehicle in the future to be able to work on it myself, and not spend a lot of money on something I can figure out,” said Khoel.
He is a teenager wise beyond his years.
In fact, Khoel says he’s never really let himself act like a child.
“Probably because I don’t like embarrassing myself and if I act like a child then I’ll embarrass myself,” he says.
He may look like an adult, but inside, he’s still a child needing something every child deserves – a family. He lives in foster care, and in six months he will be 18-years-old. He’s hoping before that time comes, he will be adopted.
One day, he hopes to be a father.
“Something for me to protect,” he said. “I think it would be nice.”
He’s not sure if his dreams of being adopted will come true.
“I don’t know yet,” he said. “I guess it will just come together. I try and not think about the future too much though.”
For now, he’s focusing on the present. Soon, he hopes the sights and sounds in his life will include that of a family.
To learn more about Khoel or the many other children living in the Utah foster care system, contact The Utah Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444 or at www.adoptex.org
- KSL Investigates: Was Turbulent Protest Caused By ‘Out Of State' Instigators? (pageviews: 14132)
- 41 Arrested, 21 Officers Hurt In Downtown SLC Protest (pageviews: 12537)
- Salt Lake Begins Process To Clean Up, Assess Damage From Protest (pageviews: 11883)
- May 2020 Downtown Protest - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9844)
- Clean-Up Crews Gather Downtown After Protests Turn Violent (pageviews: 9472)
- Salt Lake Issues Week-Long Curfew For Overnight Hours (pageviews: 8230)
- Man Detained After Brandishing Bow & Arrow; Car Lit On Fire By Protesters (pageviews: 7744)
- Curfew Enacted As Protests Continue In SLC; Multiple Cars Set On Fire (pageviews: 7581)
- Live (pageviews: 6862)