3 More Men Arrested In Connection With Fashion Place Shooting
MURRAY, Utah — Three more men were arrested in connection with a shooting that injured two people and created panic at Fashion Place Mall.
Flaviano Aguilar, 20, was arrested and booked into Salt Lake County Jail Wednesday evening on suspicion of riot and obstruction of justice, according to an affidavit filed in 3rd District Court. Court records listed Park City as his most recent residence.
Murray police announced Friday they also arrested Steven Perez-Hernandez, 18, and Arian Huerta, 20, in connection with the case. Police didn’t immediately say what their roles were in the shooting, but they said the shooters were still at large.
Jesus J. Payan-Mendoza and Jorge Luis Crecencio-Gonzalez, both 19, were arrested Sunday for investigation of attempted aggravated murder and felony discharge of a firearm.
All five men were members of the “Florencia 13” gang, according to the affidavit.
Police from all over Salt Lake County reported to a shooting at Fashion Place mall, 6191 S. State St., about 1:30 p.m. Sunday. Murray police officer Kenny Bass said Monday that two gangs happened upon one another at the mall in what appeared to be a chance meeting.
“All parties agreed to go outside and continue the confrontation when one member from each gang pulled out firearms and exchange (sic) gunfire during business hours,” the affidavit stated.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)