Restaurant Offers Free Food; All Donations Go To Family Of Fallen Provo Officer
OREM, Utah – Business was booming at El Pollo Loco in Orem Monday evening and while their grilled chicken is always a draw, there’s something else that had people coming to the restaurant, particularly hungry. It was another show of community support for the family of fallen Provo Police officer Joseph Shinners.
“We are giving away completely free food, all we are asking, if instead of paying for the food, they donate it to the family, 100 percent of the donations are going to his family, we are not taking any cut out of it,” said Brian Spongberg, with El Pollo Loco.
“I am glad to be here, I saw the incident that night, it was really sad and I hope to be able to show we’re behind law enforcement,” said Scott Watters, a customer who dined at the restaurant Monday evening.
They are hoping that by serving up their food, it will help the Shinners family to know the community is still behind them, even if it means a very busy kitchen.
“So we brought in some extra employees so we are fully staffed, we are cooking a lot of extra chicken, and so we are preparing for a big crowd and hoping we can raise a lot of money for the family,” Spongberg added.
- Gephardt: Tracking Down $130K That Vanished After Bank Closes Woman’s Savings Account (pageviews: 14493)
- New Utah Law Keeps Convicted Murderer From Parole Unless Body Found (pageviews: 4930)
- Community Rallies To Support Young Street Corner Entrepreneur (pageviews: 4702)
- KSL Investigates Bill Aimed To Combat Utah Housing Boom, Affordability (pageviews: 4120)
- Utah DWR Looking For Driver Who Allegedly Sped Up To Hit, Kill Deer (pageviews: 2915)
- 22 More COVID Deaths Reported In Utah; Over 700K Vaccines Administered (pageviews: 2449)
- Utahn Who Has Had Three Heart Transplants Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 2260)
- Utah Nurse Who Battled COVID-19 Released From Hospital After Double-Lung Transplant (pageviews: 1949)
- Police: Provo Man Stabbed Child, Thinking Someone Else Was In Bed With His Wife (pageviews: 1856)