Restaurant Offers Free Food; All Donations Go To Family Of Fallen Provo Officer
OREM, Utah – Business was booming at El Pollo Loco in Orem Monday evening and while their grilled chicken is always a draw, there’s something else that had people coming to the restaurant, particularly hungry. It was another show of community support for the family of fallen Provo Police officer Joseph Shinners.
“We are giving away completely free food, all we are asking, if instead of paying for the food, they donate it to the family, 100 percent of the donations are going to his family, we are not taking any cut out of it,” said Brian Spongberg, with El Pollo Loco.
“I am glad to be here, I saw the incident that night, it was really sad and I hope to be able to show we’re behind law enforcement,” said Scott Watters, a customer who dined at the restaurant Monday evening.
They are hoping that by serving up their food, it will help the Shinners family to know the community is still behind them, even if it means a very busy kitchen.
“So we brought in some extra employees so we are fully staffed, we are cooking a lot of extra chicken, and so we are preparing for a big crowd and hoping we can raise a lot of money for the family,” Spongberg added.
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 9096)
- What Does It Mean To Move From Yellow Risk To Orange Risk? (pageviews: 3763)
- Is A Grain-Free Diet Deadly For Dogs? Gephardt Digs Into The Science (pageviews: 3273)
- Utah County Sheriff Takes Stand Against Mask Mandate (pageviews: 2970)
- Jordan School Board Decides on New Pandemic Protocol (pageviews: 2815)
- Mask Mandate Issued In Utah County After Coronavirus Spike (pageviews: 1906)
- Utah Mother Fighting Cancer, New COVID-19 Diagnosis (pageviews: 1598)
- Families, Teachers Worry AP Classes May Not Be Online (pageviews: 1395)
- CDC Suggests Avoiding Trick-Or-Treating, Trunk-Or-Treats This Year (pageviews: 1318)