Restaurant Offers Free Food; All Donations Go To Family Of Fallen Provo Officer
OREM, Utah – Business was booming at El Pollo Loco in Orem Monday evening and while their grilled chicken is always a draw, there’s something else that had people coming to the restaurant, particularly hungry. It was another show of community support for the family of fallen Provo Police officer Joseph Shinners.
“We are giving away completely free food, all we are asking, if instead of paying for the food, they donate it to the family, 100 percent of the donations are going to his family, we are not taking any cut out of it,” said Brian Spongberg, with El Pollo Loco.
“I am glad to be here, I saw the incident that night, it was really sad and I hope to be able to show we’re behind law enforcement,” said Scott Watters, a customer who dined at the restaurant Monday evening.
They are hoping that by serving up their food, it will help the Shinners family to know the community is still behind them, even if it means a very busy kitchen.
“So we brought in some extra employees so we are fully staffed, we are cooking a lot of extra chicken, and so we are preparing for a big crowd and hoping we can raise a lot of money for the family,” Spongberg added.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 22129)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 8544)
- Deputies Break Up Suspected Camp Of Thieves West Of Utah Lake (pageviews: 4942)
- 26 Utahns Have Died From COVID-19; 570 People Are Hospitalized (pageviews: 2337)
- Utah Family Says Mom Died After Contracting COVID-19 At Family Gathering (pageviews: 2197)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1683)
- Utah Mom Warning Others After 6-Year-Old Girl Hospitalized With Rare COVID-19 Syndrome (pageviews: 1664)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming (pageviews: 1334)
- West Jordan Family Who Lost Daughter To COVID-19 Urges Families To Stay Home This Thanksgiving (pageviews: 1225)