Scam Warning Issued After Call Asks For Donations To Family Of Fallen Officer
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Police in Provo have issued a scam warning to those looking to donate to the family of fallen master officer Joseph Shinners.
Authorities have warned about a scam phone call that asks for a contribution to a memorial fund for Shinners.
The safest way to donate is online, specifically on the page set up by the Utah Fraternal Order of Police Foundation.
Police also reminded everyone to never give out financial information over the phone.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)