Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Stake Center in St. George Burns Down Overnight
ST. GEORGE, Utah – A Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints stake center that was under renovation was lost early Saturday to a fire, according to the St. George East Stake Presidency.
Fire officials said the fire broke out around 1:30 a.m. They said the cause is being treated as a criminal investigation as the area where the fire started does not have any electrical or heat units that could catch fire.
Fire-sniffing dogs were brought in early Saturday to assist. The structure is a total loss
The East Stake Presidency wrote on Facebook that they received a call around 2:30 a.m. about the fire.
“The building that we were so anticipating moving into over the next few months is gone,” the East Stake Presidency wrote in a Facebook message. “Those that were up watching it burn were stunned and in complete shock. Our faith is only strengthened as we work through this bump in the road.”
Witness to the fire, Janet L. J. Johson, wrote, “The site has been under construction to replace the old Stake center since around January 2018. We were originally scheduled to move back into the building the first week of April. Sad day!!! 😭”
We are working on gathering more details, and this story will be updated as more information is available.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)