Road Rage on Boston Highway Leaves Man Hanging on for Dear Life
BOSTON, Massachusetts (NBC) – Drivers in Massachusetts were stunned to see a man hanging on for dear life on the hood of an SUV during an apparent road rage incident.
It happened on Interstate 90 near Boston.
Cell phone video shows Richard Kamrowski, 65, hanging onto the hood of the SUV screaming to stop the car.
Meanwhile, the driver of the SUV, Mark Fitzgerald, 37, appears to speed up and slow down for several miles with Kamrowski still on the hood.
Kamrowski says Fitzgerald sideswiped him and he ended up on the hood after the two got into an argument.
The video shows Fitzgerald eventually pulling over before another driver intervenes and forces him out of the car with a gun.
“He took my water bottle out of my car, he smashed my window, he was holding on to this…I said ‘get off my car’, he said, ‘I’m not getting off your car,'” Fitzgerald told police.
“I just kept telling him stop the car, stop the car and he wouldn’t stop,” Kamrowski said. “I thought he was gonna run over me, and I don’t think he stopped, he kept going fast slow, fast slow, trying to get me to slide off, I wasn’t getting off the car.”
Fitzgerald was arrested and charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, negligent operation and leaving the scene of a crash causing property damage.
Kamrowski was also arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)