State Of The State: Strong Economy Brings Big Challenges To Utah
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Gov. Gary Herbert said the state of the state is strong during his yearly address to the Utah’s Legislature.
However, he said the strong state and economy have brought some of the biggest challenges.
“Our biggest challenge today is growth,” he said. “And if we don’t accommodate it, it’ll have a negative impact on our quality of life.”
Herbert said that growth is putting pressure on Utah schools and congestion on the state’s roads. Part of the solution, he said, is a $225 million sales tax cut, which would broaden Utah’s tax base.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)
- Centerville wildfire ‘most likely’ caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4224)