Utah Man Builds Large Snow Sculptures Around Neighborhood
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A Salt Lake man has found his talent in the snow. After winter storms, he heads out into his neighborhood to build snow sculptures around the neighborhood.
Some people live by the saying “seize the day.” Shane Foster says he likes to “seize the snow.”
“The opportunity presented itself in the form of a whole bunch of snow,” he explained.
For a couple years now, he’s been creating bigger-than-life snow sculptures.
— Caitlin Burchill (@newsyCaitlin) February 1, 2019
“The lizard took maybe two hours. This took three or four,” he said pointing to a deer in his neighbor’s yard. “I sort of get lost in the work and all of a sudden the sun is almost setting.”
He starts sculpting after the first substantial snow fall.
“I did some last year,” he said. “Got the kids excited in the neighborhood and so they started making requests for this year.”
“Last year you did a dinosaur that was really fun,” Jean Manookin, who stopped her car to talk with Foster.
His creations have made him a local celebrity on 3900 South and Eastwood Lane in the East Milcreek/Holladay area.
“It’s a parade of cars. I’ve really slowed the speed limit down,” said Foster.
“My one daughter-in-law said she had come by and she was like, ‘Have you seen those snow sculptures?’ Yeah, we drive by every day,” said Manookin who brought her six grandkids to check them out.
He looks forward to the reaction of strangers, as much as he looks forward to the next storm.
“What animal should I make next? Another frog?,” Foster asked Manookin’s grandkids.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)