Logan Man Killed After Early Morning Confrontation
LOGAN, Utah – Officials with the Logan Police Department said 23-year-old Dylan Milian was shot and killed after he entered an apartment to confront his ex-girlfriend’s new boyfriend.
Milian reportedly arrived to the apartment at 234 Riverbend Road in Logan on Friday to talk with his ex-girlfriend, 28-year-old Jordan Oakden.
After talking with Oakden for some time at the front porch, police said Oakden went to start her car to give Milian a ride somewhere. That’s when they believed Milian walked into the apartment to confront Oakden’s current boyfriend, 26-year-old Jeremy Boyle.
They said Boyle fired a single shot, hitting Milian in the chest.
“Nobody knows what went on in the house, other than the one male that fired the shot,” said Captain Tyson Budge.
Officials said Oakden and Boyle were staying at the apartment with Boyle’s mother, 53-year-old Cynthia Trinder. Once Oakden called 911, she and Trinder started performing CPR in on Milian.
Paramedics arrived and took over, but could not revive him.
Budge said Boyle has been cooperative with the investigation. While there were four children in the apartment at the time of the shooting, none of them witnessed the incident.
The case was expected to be screened by the Cache County Attorney’s Office for possible charges.
Officials were trying to determine exactly what happened in the house that led to the shooting.
“We’re going to investigate it as a homicide, and yeah, if someone comes into your home, depending on what you’re defending, yeah, there’s always that chance of a self-defense,” Budge said.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 15103)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5870)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 4804)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4665)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 3558)