Logan Family Mourns Loss of Son After Heated Encounter Led to Fatal Shooting
LOGAN, Utah – A Logan family is mourning the loss of their son after a heated encounter escalated to a fatal shooting.
The victim’s family says their son, Dylan Milian, went to pick up his kids from his ex-girlfriends apartment Friday.
“He went in to get his girls and she said she heard a shot,” the victim’s mother July Cruz said “My son fell and that was that.”
Investigators say Milian showed up uninvited. Soon after an argument ensued.
Police say this is a tough case, because it appears Milian had been threatening the shooter, Jeremy Boyle, for days and wasn’t welcomed into the home.
“He just gets misunderstood because he is very outspoken, he has no filter. But he had a big heart. He didn’t deserve this,” said Cruz.
Cruz worries about her grandchildren. She says the apartment is small and it would be unlikely they didn’t see the entire scene unfold.
Police released Boyle from custody Friday, and though they say they may file charges, at this point they are still considering whether it was self defense.
“I don’t know how they could claim self defense when he had no weapon no nothing,” Cruz said with tears in her eyes.
The family says Milian had a troubled past and was often misunderstood, but they’ll remember him as a caring father and the guy who could always make them laugh.
The family is waiting for the release of the body and are expecting to hold a funeral later next week.
Police say they’ll bring their case to the city attorney this week, at which point they’ll decide if Boyle will face charges.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)