Bill Making It Illegal To Abort Fetus Based On Down Syndrome Moves To House
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A controversial abortion bill will be headed to the Utah House Thursday for a full vote after a committee voted to pass HB 166.
The bill would make it illegal to abort a fetus based solely on a Down Syndrome diagnosis.
Democrats said this is a tough issue and that the legislature should not be making it tougher by adding such a restriction.
Supporters said the bill sends the right message.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)