Man With Alzheimer’s Who Went Missing Twice During Snowstorm Found Safe Again
WEST VALLEY CITY — A 61-year-old man with Alzheimer’s disease who went missing twice during a snowstorm has been found safe again.
Randy Williford, of West Valley, was last seen walking toward the Jordan River Parkway at 9:15 a.m. Tuesday, just hours before a massive snowstorm hit northern Utah. He was reported missing by West Valley police later that day.
Salt Lake police officers found Williford making a transaction near 700 S. State St. about noon Wednesday but let him leave. He was reported missing again later that day.
West Valley police reported that he had been found again early Thursday morning.
“He is safe, has been reunited with his family and is receiving medical care,” police said in a tweet.
Authorities did not release information about exactly where and when Williford was found or where he stayed during the two nights he was missing. West Valley police were also unsure why Salt Lake police released Williford after finding him.
This article will be updated at KSL.com if more information becomes available.
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 17916)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16520)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8565)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7815)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6068)