Man With Alzheimer’s Who Went Missing Twice During Snowstorm Found Safe Again
WEST VALLEY CITY — A 61-year-old man with Alzheimer’s disease who went missing twice during a snowstorm has been found safe again.
Randy Williford, of West Valley, was last seen walking toward the Jordan River Parkway at 9:15 a.m. Tuesday, just hours before a massive snowstorm hit northern Utah. He was reported missing by West Valley police later that day.
Salt Lake police officers found Williford making a transaction near 700 S. State St. about noon Wednesday but let him leave. He was reported missing again later that day.
West Valley police reported that he had been found again early Thursday morning.
“He is safe, has been reunited with his family and is receiving medical care,” police said in a tweet.
Authorities did not release information about exactly where and when Williford was found or where he stayed during the two nights he was missing. West Valley police were also unsure why Salt Lake police released Williford after finding him.
This article will be updated at KSL.com if more information becomes available.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)