2 Caught In Avalanche While Working In Big Cottonwood Canyon
BRIGHTON, Utah – At least two people were caught in an avalanche Thursday while working in Big Cottonwood Canyon.
Solitude Communications Manager Sara Huey said crews were working on avalanche mitigation efforts when two of them were caught in a slide. She said both the workers were able to escape.
It is unclear if the two suffered any injuries at this time, but all workers have been accounted for.
Previous information provided by Unified Police Department incorrectly identified one of the victims as a member of the ski patrol. KSL TV is currently working to verify the identities of those involved.
This article will be updated as KSL TV gathers information.
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5440)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 5179)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5085)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 2760)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidently falling from balcony (pageviews: 2591)
- Avalanche triggered at Snowbird resort, no injuries reported - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2230)